Satellite
Afficher sur la carte
  • Jour 204

    Belgrade

    24 octobre 2017, Serbie ⋅ 🌬 9 °C

    The first order of business for the day was to go out and get burritos. Not as good as last time because they weren't as generous with the ingredients.
    It also comes with churros and tasty lemonade so that was great.
    Walked back home and watched more Big Bang.
    Will Skyped Bill for his birthday while I was having a shower.
    I am loving our Big Bang marathon- we are smashing our way through it!
    We looked up things to do in Belgrade and there is legit nothing. 😓 we still have the walking tour to do but we will have to do it another day cause we are meeting up with Emily tonight.
    We had a mid day nap because you know, we have overexerted ourselves...
    we got ready to walk 4kms to Emily's babas house.
    It. Was. Bucketing. 😒😒😒😒
    We got so wet on this walk. The drains did not do well today, the whole city was flooding. Cars were spraying us with water and I must have a hole in my left hiking show becUse my sock was saturated!
    Wills pants were cream so you could really see how wet he was.
    We had to walk over this bridge. It had to be at least a kilometer long and it was so windy and cold.
    We got to her street and couldn't find the damn thing.
    Lucky she said she was next to the helicopter pad because it was something big enough we eventually spotted.
    We had to cross a main highway to get there though ... that wasn't fun.
    Found her 😁 big hugs all round.

    We went up for dinner where there was lots of traditional food - a lot with Turkish origin. The cheese pitas were terrific. There was also like a garlic carrot thing I enjoyed!
    Oh and yellow capsicum stuffed with sour cream. Different.
    We chatted for about 4 hours - it went so quick!
    SHE BROUGHT MY MEDS 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
    I'm set for 8 months lol.
    Her mum chatted for a while then joined her grandma in the other room. Baba doesn't speak English so she didn't hang around at all. She is so cute though! Really young too!! Only 67!!!! The grandad is sick so he was in bed.
    We are planning to meet up tomorrow so that should be great. We both really enjoyed tonight.
    So good to see her.

    Walked home. Naturally it started raining again.

    I he a headache - that could be from the Rakia - bloody eastern Europe! It's so strong.

    So happy to be in bed!
    En savoir plus