Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 243

    Pisa

    December 2, 2017 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 4 °C

    It's 1am and I have been having a laughing fit for the last 15 minutes over an American trying to open his locker.
    It was just so relatable. It was me yesterday until Will came to my rescuer just like he did for this guy.. 3 times.
    It was so funny he was getting so frustrated.
    I probably woke the whole room up with h my giggles, I was trying to muffle them in my pillow but holy cow it was funny. He had to have breaks and chill out in his bed to calm down before trying again.

    We were going to go on a walking tour and to museums today so we were up around 10 but then the same American guy - Chris, told us that tomorrow - the first Sunday of every month all museums are free so we figured to save money we would postpone and today go to Pisa instead.

    Walked to the station, bought tickets and got on the train. It's about an hour away. I slept.

    Arrived and walked in a straight line from Pisa central until we found the tower.
    I was surprised. It leans more than I thought - even when taking photos it doesn't show the proper lean.

    We got the standard pushing photos. It Will was so very upset he couldn't lie down and get his giant penis photo because we couldn't go on the grass. We got a semi ok one of him sitting down instead but I can tell he is really disappointed 😂

    Your cans till climb to the top which I was supported about because I thought they stopped that but heaps of people were up there. It costs 18€ each though so we passed - we would rather spent the money on a colosseum/Pompeii tour.

    Next to the tower are 2 big churchy buildings that are lovely but apart from that Pisa is a really boring city.
    Not pretty at all.
    We tried to find things to look at but there was nothing.

    We were then going to pass time having a hot drink becuse it was FREEZING but they have that outrageous tax and to get a take away coffee was 1.10 or to sit down in became 4.00. That's a big bloody jump!

    Never mind then.

    We walked around but seriously there was nothing to see so we jumped back on the train.

    Back at the hostel we just relaxed before going out to dinner at gustapizza which was highly recommended to us.
    While it was nice it wasn't THE BEST PIZZA IN THE WORLD as it was described to us.

    We walked around and found the fake David statue and others - now having see the real one the 2 statues really are different. Very very different.

    it was just too cold we have gone home again.
    The Christmas lights are nice but it would look better if there were more around.

    Finished a Sherlock Holmes book.
    Read more