Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Day 7

    August 24, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    We were tired.
    Had a Only little bit of the hotel breakfast (cereal and fruit) but pleased to have at least something in my tum.

    We had a bit of panic about the bus.
    A bus from the same company pulled up in front of our hotel and so we asked if it was going to Pearl Harbour - he said no and that all buses depart from the depot a bit down the street.
    So then we were stuck not knowing where the correct spot was.
    I was also stressed cause Sonali didn’t actually have the tickets so I was worried they might be like “your not on the list” and we wouldn’t be able to prove it kinda thing.

    All ended up being fine - the bus showed up at our hotel.
    It was about a 30 min drive away. We were so tired.
    Got there and got given tickets.
    We got free range to look in and out of 2 museum sections. It’s all very one sided information. Lol classic America.
    I found the videos interviewing survivors fascinating.

    We were led into a movie theatre for the 10:30 session.
    Movie went for about 20-30 mins.
    Loved it, found it very interesting. It had real footage of the attack.

    I liked that they also had plaques listing the survivors names. Although alive those people suffered terribly too.

    After the film we were put on a boat.

    The U.S.S Arizona memorial is a floating wharf type thing where you stand and view the sunken Arizona was ship.
    1170* men died on boat.
    900 of the men are still on the boat.

    It’s a graveyard.
    I found this very powerful.
    The soldiers were there with us.

    The survivors have the options to elect to have their body returned to the ship when dead.
    40 have done so.

    The audio tour was included as the memorial was closed and we weren’t able to dock on the wharf.

    It’s been closed got ages so naturally it opens in 2 weeks 🙄

    Still, could see parts.
    Please with the tour. So was Sonali.

    The anchor of the Arizona was also on display.

    It’s weird to acknowledge these events took place in the spot you are standing.

    The gift shop was outrageously inappropriate.
    It had Christmas ornaments...

    Postcards of ships blowing up

    “Props” little plane toys

    Idk. People died here. Bookstore is fine, even a magnet if your a bit twisted but novelty toys is fucked.
    Imagine if Auschwitz had prison striped pajama sets for sale.

    The free time allowed by the tour company we chose ( the service was really just transportation there and back) wasn’t long enough. Another 30-40 mins would have been great to defuse the stress to hurry and not properly read everything.

    On our way home we drove through downtown which was actually a very nice area. A very livable and vibrant area away from most tourists.

    We got home and crashed out for 3 hours.

    Sonali went to the beach but I’m doing my best effort to avoid sun so I stayed home and had a bath (swim - tub is huge)

    I then had another hour nap hehe

    We all went to hooters for dinner.
    Our Uber was a Tesla.
    Didn’t have a dashboard, just a bit iPad thing.
    I liked the driver too. He though we (Pierce) was funny.
    He dropped us and in we went. We were worried about it being a Saturday night and would be packed.
    HA.
    Basically empty.
    Service was phenomenal.
    I couldn’t be that bad if I tried.

    Lass forgot everything.
    Everyone had their own separate saga but mine was:
    Ordered wings
    Did not receive wings
    Was charged for wings and sauce
    We complained
    Wing removed from bill, not sauce
    We paid for sauce as was getting too hard
    She gave me the wings in a takeaway box anyway.
    They were stone cold AND the dip (incorrect dip to the type of dip I ordered) had spilt throughout the box

    Sonali kept getting 1.5 cups of pina colada because they kept on making the incorrect amount.
    “Don’t know why this keeps happening..?.......”
    🤦🏼‍♀️

    Home now and Sonali has gone out. I feel bad for ditching but I’m just so awkward. I will ruin her night if I go. It’s better for her.
    I’m also super tired and will pull her down.
    Hope she is having a good time lol.

    Im watching forensic files.
    The tv ads are fucked. It’s all about medical disease awareness.
    Do you have these symptoms? Well you might be dying.
    Only 1 in 673929458839293748 people get this disease IT COULD BE YOU!
    Don’t forget to tell your doctor about your rectal bleeding.
    Blah blah blah.

    It’s intense. I have 27 different super rare conditions.

    Have I mentioned here it’s advertised everywhere that the recommended daily intake is 2000 calories? This place is cracked.
    Read more