Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 79

    Hollywood

    December 31, 2022 in the United States

    Got up quite early considering we went to bed 1am.
    Up by 8:30 and was at the restaurant for breakfast by 9.
    Our vouchers were for $15 each. Bill ended up being $50 so we owed $20.
    But we mustn’t forget the $10 tip 🙃
    I have my receipt of $29.37 ready to send to British airways as well as a picture of the menu with nothing under $15 ✌🏼
    I had pancakes and they were good.
    We then got an Uber to Hollywood Boulevard because why waste our time here. It’s gonna cost us a lot but there are people out there who would kill to be able to afford to visit Hollywood.
    And we are here for free so let’s get going.
    Uber wasn’t actually all that bad.
    $24 and it took us over 30 minutes on highways.
    There was a homeless man at the corner of a road ad he made me tear up as we were driving away.
    I would have given him all of our $10 if I could. His little sign said anything is enough and I just 😭😭😭
    He was so sad. A sort of hopelessness that I wouldn’t be surprised if he killed himself in the next week.
    Shattered for him.

    Dropped us off and we went immediately to a souvenir shop to get a magnet so we can reminisce over this terrific experience.
    Didn’t find the pink star magnet I envisioned so went walking to look elsewhere.
    Lots of big name stars (obviously 🥴) but still a good chunk I didn’t know from different eras.
    Found a fluro pink star. Not the pink I wanted (or that’s on literally every other tourist item) but will do.
    The stars are technically red and white marble but mixed it makes a pink colour.
    We went to McDonald’s to steal their Wi-Fi and wet hunting for a props museum. On the way we took a closer look at the famous Chinese theatre where all the famous people do their hands and footprints. Lots of great ones - Harry Potter, Twilight, Avengers, Star Wars and Hunger Games casts.
    I’m sure Big Bang did one but couldn’t find it.
    Other huge names like Michael Jackson, Robin Williams, George Clooney, Johnny Depp etc.
    Really enjoyed this and glad we went back because we walked straight past it the first time haha.

    Found the prop museum and it was a real highlight my only complain is it was guided tour and he went through soooo fast. I’m trying to take pictures here!!! 😆
    $20 each and just great. Really great.
    Highlights were Orc heads from Lord of the Rings (75% one was the one that ends up on the spike in the second movie) Dinosaurs from Jurassic Park, Katniss’ suit, Voldemort’s Robes and screen wand, Luke Skywalkers light saber from VI, some aliens from ‘Men in Black’, Anthony Hopkins mask and straight jacket from Silence of the Lambs, Jack Nicolson’s axe and jacket from ‘The Shining’, the Walking Dead zombie heads, Robin Williams’ Mrs Doubtfire costume, Christopher Lloyds back to the future costume and remote, the baby grinch in a high chair and lots of Marvel stuff like Thors Hammer and Iron man’s suit.
    We had a great time.

    We then decided because here, let’s go to the wax museum. It was $35 each for the wax museum and Guinness records museum or $30 for one so we bought the double wammy ticket even if expensive.
    It was so unbelievably bad that I’m not even mad. It’s past the point of being ripped off that’s it’s funny.
    Lady in front of us was seething 😆
    Could at least tell who 70% of the wax figures were meant to be but half of them I had just seen the real prop down the road on a better figuring 😆😆
    Oh man it was bad. We went through quite quickly.
    Then walked across the road to the Guinness book of records museum. EVEN WORSE 😆😆😆😆
    Outdated info and so much writing and all interactive which I don’t enjoy. We did play a game where we threw balls at a target and had to fill up a digital water cup. We played 2 times but don’t know why this was even in the museum.
    Only 3 things I like was the bit on the oldest man, tallest man and fastest 100m in high heels which was 14 seconds and I reckon that’s bloody impressive.
    Garage. Top level garbage.

    Called an Uber. Driver was ultra dumb and opinionated.
    Favourite comment was he didn’t like somewhere because there are too many white people.
    World is wicked racist yes, but it is reversible and if you can’t say it one way you shouldn’t be able to say it the other.
    I would never say don’t go there because there are too many black people.
    Racism doesn’t fix racism.
    He was Caucasian looking but probably actually Hispanic.
    He had lots of opinions on Australia that were wrong but we were polite. No getting shot today.
    Took us to the Petersen automotive museum.

    Something that never happens happened.
    Waiting in line and a guy was like I have an extra ticket, do you guys want it?
    YES PLEASE. BLESS YOU KIND STRANGER.

    I don’t know what we looked at.
    Cars. Lots of cars. Will had the best time and got all hot and bothered about so many of them but to me… we saw cars. That’s it hahaha
    It had a few from movies that I liked like the delirium from back to the future and the van from scooby doo.
    Hyercars was Wills favourite section.

    Caught an Uber back to the hotel.
    Not a bad crack - 4 museum and a walk down the boulevard.
    I’m trying not to be bitter we didn’t realize the Hollywood museum was right around the corner cause it has most of the other big props. Would have loved to go there too. Next time.

    Went to lunch in the Resturant. Our bill was 52c and he didn’t ask for a tip because he never gave us a pen to write one. We wrote one at the end but don’t know how it works so don’t know if he gets it. Not mad if he gets it, he was nice.

    Sitting in our room. Have a new dog situation update but need to talk with everyone once home.

    Checked out and headed to the airport on the shuttle bus.

    Went to check in. “Errr we can’t find your booking, our system says you flew out last night”
    BRUH.
    They did find it and we checked in. It should not be this hard, why don’t the systems talk to each other???
    No dog sniffer tonight and customs still very quick. I was a little nervous their system was going to say you left America last night…
    But we got through so that’s a relief.
    Customs people are so rude. I understand it must be the most infuriating job because people are the worst but they just yell at you.
    2 different Asian men got screamed at for not following instructions and workers were all attitude like “it’s not that hard” blah blah blah.
    Very blatantly obvious neither man spoke fluent English. Yelling is pointless.
    Yell at me in French I won’t understand, doesn’t matter how loud you are, volume is not the reason I’m not listening.
    Also American, your customs are not the universal system. Shoes off isn’t an everywhere thing and he isn’t stupid for not knowing he is meant to do that.
    Read more