Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 45

    Day 45 - Rooftop Cocktails

    March 24, 2017 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 32 °C

    Matt's feeling a bit better today but still not great so we had a pretty relaxing day. We started with breakfast where I ate my body weight in bread and Matt forced some muesli down then headed to the beach. Sun loungers and beach chairs are outlawed here. Apparently the army came and cleared them all a few years ago as part of a way to control businesses and declutter the beach so you have to lie on the sand. Not the comfiest but adequate when all you're doing is listening to podcasts. When the discomfort got too much we went for a swim. Or attempted a swim. The tide goes out quickly and really far here so you have to go a long way to even get to knee deep. In the end we made do with that and balanced on a couple of rocks. As it's so shallow you can see all the little fish swimming about which is a big creepy, it's also the same temperate as a bath.

    Our eating patterns are all out of whack so we had lunch at about 3. In a break from rice we had Turkish food so hummus and chicken kebabs. And chips. We were going to attempt a pool party but decided against it for fear we'd be surrounded by flat stomached 18 year olds drinking buckets of cocktail at 4 in the afternoon. Instead we went to a roof top bar called Banana bar for their 4.20-6.20 happy hour and sunset. Neither of us were very hungry as we ate lunch so late so we walked on the beach. There was a storm somewhere close by, but crucially not over us, and we could see lightening in the clouds. It was very cool. I could have sat mesmerised for hours but we decided instead to have a wander and grab some nachos. With Matt still not 100% we had another early night. We've got a pre-7am start tomorrow for a boat trip so hopefully he'll be feeling better.
    Read more