Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Guemes

    September 10, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 75 °F

    A photo of our night sleeping arrangements. So special and happy to have them at the end of another 30km day. Some of us don’t have ac dryer for laundry. 😉.
    We walked the town out then to a Ferry . A walk on boat that only crosses about 10 minutes then let’s you off. in another town. Beautiful!
    The first challenge of the day was the hike up a narrow bushy beach climb with rocks, roots and rocks to climb over and walk through. I could stop and take photos because of our real challenge.
    The group of 11 folks ahead that were taking this as if it were a line at a grocery store. Every step and turn was one person at a time with a line up!! No flow. Take a step and wait!!
    They wouldn’t let us try because they said were old!! They’ve were mostly younger than me. They were a few that shouldn’t of even been on that trail. . They were dressed in sandals, not necessarily for hiking. The women had her toes freshly done. Nobody was using poles, but a few. They mostly likely thought it was a walk on the beach.
    We had had a gentleman at a cafe warn us it was peligroso ( dangerous) and cuidado ( take care) and warned us the sand would fall away.
    . I don’t think this group of 12 knew what they had gotten into. It was scary to watch them try and maneuver.
    Some local that jam up this daily just passed the group with a quick ‘Pardon’ That broke the damn! We finally got past them. They may still be working they way down.
    If one of them doesn’t have a twisted ankle or a scrap I will be surprised!
    Then we walked about 5-7 miles on the beach Women and men often bath nude. But to walk right by a couple of gentlemen with their ‘bits’ tanning is a shock to us puritanical States side folk. 😎. We did take s break. Such s view!!
    Then onto another 11km Lovely fields and hot roads for the rest of the day.
    We are each staying in a sublime 65€/night room with a queen bed! No bunkbeds tonight!! I took a shower knowing there was no one else waiting to shower. I can go downstairs and have a gal do laundry, not take my dirty laundry 3 blocks away then run a timer while we try to relax with a glass of wine and run between wash cycle and dryer cycle.
    I have died and gone to heaven!
    Oh, there is a bar/restaurant here that has steak 🥩! Tammy and I are so excited!!
    Read more