Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 26

    Ribadeo, Spain

    September 22, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 68 °F

    With rain in the forecast and time to watch so we have a few days in Santiago before our flight on Oct.4th we took a bus today and skipped 2 stages.
    Challenge of the day: The gal who sat in front of us talking on her phone full volume for an hour and a half. We wanted to cheer when she finally got off!
    Our goal was to get out to Playa de Catedrias/ Catheral Beach. It took a bit to figure out the buses. Dark clouds were rolling in as the bus arrived, late. We boarded to go 20 minutes out and the clouds opened up! The windshield wipers couldn’t keep up!! We had planned the day around this! Tammy and I laughed so hard we had tears in our eyes.
    As the bus neared the beach the clouds disappeared. The storm was over. We had smartly packed our rain ponchos and wore our trail shoes, as it had looked cold.
    Didn’t need the ponchos and within 5 minutes huge wave came far onto the beach and quickly soaked our shoes (which need to be dry to hike tomorrow). What can you do!? 😆
    Shoes and socks off we walked the beach. ( newspaper for our shoes on our list of todos when we returned today). 😆
    Only a number of folks are allowed on the beach at a time. Apparently, a large number of people. 😉. You need a ‘reservation’ to walk it. Thank you Tammy!!! Tammy jumped on her phone yesterday and booked for us.
    The beach, wasn’t crowded, busy or loud. The beach is soulfully inspiring. Walking it was so peaceful and a balm for the eyes.
    Tomorrow it’s back to reality and 28.6km. Goodbye to the cost and services for the day. Pack food! We are promised beautiful views for our efforts! 😃 next stop Lourenza’, Spain.
    Read more