Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    St. Regis, Maldives: Service

    February 16, 2022 on the Maldives ⋅ ☁️ 82 °F

    From the moment we landed to the final farewell; Shan our personal butler was tasked with making our stay memorable and exceptional. He successfully accomplished both of those. Any need, any desire always met save one; nail clippers! This resort was not willing to provide clippers to the room or to the spa which we used 4 times.

    Iridium spa was filled with talented staff who really focused on your individual needs. We experienced a Thai massage, had a couples Ying Yang experience massage, a deep tissue massage, and finally a magnesium massage treatment. Plus, we indulged in the “Blue Hole” spa water feature. More on that in the property portion.

    Everyone here is on island time, and that’s great unless you’re trying to grab a quick snack. The last night we ate at Alba, the main restaurant, and by far experienced the best table service of the trip. At the Orientale (sushi) everything was served at once and made the evening feel rushed.

    We experienced a few hiccups that are very minor, but worth mentioning. Coffee service is not their forte, every morning coffee was ordered first and came after you were served food. The other issue I had was trying to get an afternoon libation. We tried two places (with bars) and close to pool, but they claimed to be done with service. So we walked to the other side of the beach where we were expected to order food. The waiter took our drink order back over to the pool bar where it was filled. It took over 30 mins. Those things are minor, but not on par with the luxury service that was noted in all other departments. Especially the rooms.

    Every time we came back to our room it was refreshed and cleaned. Plenty of extra waters and toiletries so you were never in need for more.
    Read more