Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Lintzoain (13.4km/37.7k)

    April 20, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    We woke up to the most gentle group “alarm”, a Gregorian chant softly playing through the loudspeakers, followed by a less gentle turning on of the lights and then a healthy baritone walking the corridors singing us awake and making sure we all left by 7am! Then the now normal process of getting dressed, packing backpacks, eating our communal breakfast, boots on and get on our way.
    This morning was quite fresh walking along near the river through the forests. We walked in the most peaceful environment of forests, shaded country lanes between farms and through 3 tiny villages. Just as we had imagined the Camino.
    We had decided before the start of the Camino to start slowly and build up so today was a bit if a recovery day with a slow paced “stroll” to Lintzoain, a tiny village that doesn’t have a shop or restaurant or ….
    The highlight of the day was chatting to the other pilgrims before and during dinner. Somehow between the 9 of us I think we had an inclusive conversation in Spanish, French and English. There were the 2 of us, 2 ladies from Barcelona, 2 ladies from France, a couple from America and a lady from Korea. Add in the crazy Spanish hostess who treated us to a local meal of potato soup, pork and pasta accompanied with red wine followed by a local “Crème brûlée” type dessert topped off with a Pacharan liqueur from the local Navarra region. Now off to bed for an early start tomorrow! Beunos Noches.
    Read more