Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Zariquiegui (10.9km 77.5km)

    April 23, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 17 °C

    After a great tourist day in Pamplona we had a breakfast on the main square with a couple of other French Pilgrims ending their Camino as they do it in segments over a few years with their leave. Then went to a traditional Latin mass in the Cathedral. We set off at mid-day for the small town walking through beautiful farm land. I think Jane wanted some time alone as she sent me off to buy some lunch in a small village while she walked on. I caught up about an hour later just before our destination in San Andres Albergue in Zariquiegui! The small Albergue had a communal meal which is one of the highlights of the Camino highlights. Tonight we sat with Canadians and French (a young couple who live in Toulouse, France. They left their home town on foot and will walk all the way to Santiago and then onto Fatima, and then will reverse the whole trip back home. They hope to take 60 days!)
    The Camino is very busy this year and there is a bit of a rush to get to the next accommodation as they are filling fast. We are booking more than we would like and therefore walking a bit less too but it is working for us rather than being so focussed on getting to the next town. Forcing some patience onto me maybe …
    Beunos Noches 💤
    Read more