Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 54

    Melide (14.7km / 714.3km)

    June 5, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    Today we had a 3rd breakfast!! Walking in a group can test you! I (Ant) think I’m being tested to see how many stops would break me! I mean really!! First breakfast at our hotel was enough except we didn’t have coffee. So second breakfast for some coffee is reasonable. But, they didn’t have good coffee so we had to stop again for proper coffee. I also fear this is not the end of the brandy shot either as one in our party is very keen!

    It was all good fun though and we only had a short day so it was fine although it did mean walking in the hot sun at the end!

    The walk was mostly through tree lined paths and lovely little villages, busy at times but not too bad. More of the churches are open now because people need stamps to prove they walked and a little donation helps the church.

    Melide is quite big and is active with lots of cars and trucks but also has a quiet old city which is very pleasant. We went to see the old church and then had a couple of drinks waiting for dinner to commence at 8pm. We had a lovely selection of tapas- one of the benefits of eating as a group.

    It feels weird that we only have a few days to go.
    Read more