Satellit
Vis på kort
  • Dag 56

    Salceda (14km / 739.4km)

    7. juni 2023, Spanien ⋅ 🌧 18 °C

    Our first rainy day where we got to use all our rain gear which performed excellently. Good shopping Jane! Ironically we left early today to miss the heat. We started in the drizzle and walked up the hill for first breakfast, not wanting to give the rude bar owner any more of our patronage!
    The light rain continued most the day and then we got caught in a proper shower for 20 minutes. This made a mess of the muddy road but was actually quite enjoyable as a change.
    After the shower we stopped for a longer than usual lunch - a burger which went down well before continuing onto our lovely accommodation for the night.
    We are seeing less and less people we know as we get to the end which shows how much faster others are going. A lady passed us this morning who started on 10 May so she will do it in 30 days. 30 to 35 days seems quite common but they are exhausted at the end of the day and almost all carrying injuries. They are focusing on the physical aspect. There are a lot doing it in around 40 to 45 days and then people like us in 50! (We feel very Blessed to have the time).
    We had a very nice dinner at our Albergue - another Pilgrim menu of the day. We sat at a table with the 5 of us and then we invited an older American to join us too. We have bumped into him a few times. His wife died last year. He says he is happy to do anything on his own but he really doesn’t like eating on his own. He was so thankful for our invitation that he paid for dinner for everyone. I told him to invite himself to any pilgrim table - he would always be welcome, he said he knows. We are expecting another rainy day tomorrow for our last full day walk before arriving in Santiago on Friday.
    Læs mere