Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    When it's Spring again.....

    May 27, 2017 in the Netherlands ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    It's Saturday, we must be in Amsterdam. Left Paris on the 10.30 very fast train from Gare du Nord. We had 1st class tickets, so it was like being on a plane, with a steward coming down the aisle with a trolley. First there was morning tea and later lunch - all at 300 kph.
    Arrived at Amsterdam central and a 10 minute walk saw us at the boat. WOW!!!... photos later in the trip.
    Because 6 of us took the train, we were a lot earlier arriving than the others so we walked back towards town and took a canal cruise. You need to be very careful as a pedestrian in Amsterdam - there are cyclists everywhere going very fast. Where we have car parks, they have massive bike parks.
    Dinner is in the restaurant but there is also a small one called the chef's table which only holds 28, where there is one menu for the first week and then a different one for the second week. All passengers can go once each week but must book. The head waiter came over and told us about it and asked if we would like to go tonight. Another wow! 7 courses with matching red and white wines.
    Tomorrow morning Cologne and after lunch - sailing. J&J
    Read more