Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Day 1 Barcelona

    May 20, 2019 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    Landed at dawn, went straight through customs, were met by Chris from APT and were at the El Palace Hotel before 9am. As our rooms wouldn't be ready till 2pm we needed to kill some time. As if we hadn't eaten enough on the flights over, we went to a nearby cafe to have another breakfast and decide where to go.
    Many of the most popular tourist attractions in Barcelona are the work of architect Antoni Gaudi. The number two attraction is Park Guell and we decided that we'd go there. We're going to the number one tomorrow. So we got a taxi and spent the rest of the morning with hundreds of other tourists exploring the park.
    There is no way I can start to describe the experience. Take a few minutes to check out the link below and you'll see why.

    https://www.parkguell.es/en/portada

    We thought about a taxi back but there was a shuttle bus at the park exit. We were informed that it would take us to an underground railway station and that our tickets into the park allowed us a free trip on the bus. It was also explained that there is a station a few blocks from our hotel. As they say, the rest is history.
    Our room was ready on time and up we went. The rest of the afternoon was relaxing and unpacking. There are drinks downstairs at 6.30 to meet other people in the tour group and to get a briefing on tomorrow's program. After that we'll have something to eat and an early night.
    We walked around to a recommended tapas bar and enjoyed sharing a couple of dishes - one prawn and one pork.
    Read more