Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    6. Day 1. Koh Chang

    June 18, 2023 in Thailand ⋅ 🌧 27 °C

    Day 1. Koh Chang
    We woke up at 0345 to catch the bus to the ferry in Trat. The bus journey only lasted 6 hours and was so comfy compared to the bus journeys we experienced in Nepal! It was so strange going on smooth roads and being able to go over 30 miles an hour!
    Once we arrived at the ferry port , we had a 20 minute wait before catching the ferry to Koh Chang. Everyone went to sit at the top outside, but then we were hit by a heavy rain storm, which ended up lasting most of the day .
    When we reached Koh Chang, we ran over to the taxis taking us to our hotel, we were sat with about 5 other people in the back of a pick up truck and we had to drive through floods in the road on the way . Fortunately the drive to our little bungalow wasn't very far, once we arrived we sorted out our bags and waited for the weather to improve a little before heading to Kai Bae beach- a beach about a 20 min walk away from our bungalow .
    The beach was beautiful with white sands and coconut trees dotted all the way down. We walked the length of beach and chilled for a bit before walking to town to find somewhere to eat.
    We found a nice little restaurant and both ordered a beer and a Thai Panang curry - which was seriously good. Our favourite flavoured curry yet.
    We then walked back to our little bungalow and it had started to rain quite heavily again !
    We relaxed for a while before having a relatively early night . Hopefully the weather improves tomorrow.
    Read more