Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    13. Travel 14. 1. Koh Samui

    June 26, 2023 in Thailand ⋅ ☁️ 31 °C

    Today we were woken with some of the loudest thunder we have experienced yet.. Not surprising we had a text to say that our snorkeling trip had been called off, we immediately got in touch with our transport as it was time to move on if weather was rubbish. Transport was a go ahead, so we got a refund from our hotel and moped. We packed very quickly and were picked up around lunchtime and headed back to Bangkok, this took us 8 hours, when we returned we ran to the next bus service, Bangkok to Koh Samui..
    We managed to get 2 tickets on the VIP bus which were quite expensive but we had a better chance of sleeping. We were on top deck so had a good view, they gave us blankets and we all had huge reclining chairs with loads of legroom, certainly beats Nepals version of VIP. We both managed to get about 7 hrs sleep in between pit stops, which was good. When we got to the ferry port, we didn't realise the ferry was going to take another 4.1/2 hours, we got on top deck and had a scenic trip through the islands. I must say that the ferry ride seemed to take forever as we had been sat down for nearly 24hrs straight! We can't wait to go to Koh Toa, snorkeling they have some of the best in the world and you can see why as we sailed pass with all the coral glistening patches.
    We finally arrived at lunchtime the following day and organised a lift in a mini bus to our hotel. We were messed around a little by our hotel but put into the posh one next door for the night, so we didn't moan. We had some dinner and headed down to the beach, right outside our hotel which is nice, first beachfront stay. The beach is beautiful but much busier than Koh Chang, we were expecting this but still paradise. The island is still as beautiful. We had a walk around town which is pretty lively, and I managed to kick my foot into an exposed pipe whilst wearing flip flops and convinced my little toe is broken so decided to crash for the night. As we wanted to be up and about for tomorrow as we only have 3 days here, as moving onto Koh Phangan on the 29th June. Our 30 days in Thailand visa is getting swallowed quickly!
    Ps the hotel has a family of 5 week old kittens running about so Grace is in heaven.
    Read more