Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 24

    23. 4. Koh Tao

    July 6, 2023 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    Today we headed to Aow Luek Beach, as we had heard about the sharks and amazing coral reef they have running both sides of the beach. We took the moped and stopped for some lunch at the funky coconut tree restaurant. We headed off and immediately were greeted by 2 reef sharks swimming around the bay, this was super exciting and we watched them for abit. We carried on and snorkled the best part of a kilometer down the coast. The whole bed was covered in new growth coral and glistening with wildlife which is great to see as coral reefs have been damaged by the seas rising temperatures. The hottest day ever globally was on 4th July and this will probably be broken again before the end of the year. Sadly the delicate wildlife are first to suffer from our actions with global warming and we are all guilty of contributing, we are well aware our footprint is huge flying all this way to travel, it's always a catch 22 unless we all decide to live in caves 😂.

    After another great day snorkeling we decided...
    As Koh Tao has such amazing marine life our trip of Thailand has actually changed and we are no longer heading to the Phi Phi islands, but staying in Koh Tao and completing a training program in Scuba Diving, we are doing a 3 day course with home study. If we pass we are certified then to scuba dive anywhere in the world for life which is pretty exciting and daunting all in one.
    We were keen to start our scuba diving e learning as alot of the course is study at home. Once at the hotel , we sorted out all our washing and made a start . The module we are learning is almost 100 pages long ! We thought we should tackle as much as possible , so we ordered some pizzas to our hotel whilst we were reading through everything .
    We managed to get to bed for a reasonable time , ready for our first day of scuba diving tomorrow !
    Read more