Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    15. Gilli Air

    July 28, 2023 in Indonesia ⋅ ☁️ 29 °C

    Today we were woken up at 4.35am to a lady screaming prayers on a speaker phone at the Mosque about 300 mtrs away. They read prayers for 10 minutes just before sunrise and this repeats 7 or 8 times a day. We don't mind the daytime ones but must admit it wasn't the best wake up call as it really does sound like they are screaming. Once we got up and had the most amazing smoothie bowl from our hotel. We both felt a little out of sorts today so spent a few hour relaxing in our aircon room. It was nice to have a chill, although we love backpacking, it does seem to make you exhausted.
    We spent some time planning our onwards journey as we are leaving the Gilli islands tomorrow. We have booked to move onto Canngu for 2 days/3 nights so we can surf abit more before we fly back to Phuket. After a while we headed down to the Harbour to book our ferry and transfer to Canggu which we managed to negotiate to £17 each which is really good value and we will be travelling on 'luxury' boat. Afterwards we walked all the way around the island to stop at sunset side for a couple of drinks in the sun. We found a really cool bar full of beans bags and a live Reggae/rock band, 1 drink turned into a few and we ended up sitting here for about 4 hours as music was so good. We walked back to our apartment and found a really cool house decorated in loads of lights and funky decor. We also found some cows on our way home, first cow we had seen in ages. 🐄 Maybe we are missing Hereford...🤔.. Maybe not.
    We had some more food at our apartment which ran a warung which is so far, the cheapest and best quality food we have found in Indonesia. Approx £5/6 for us both to have full meals, drinks and Calamari to start. We had a shower and went to bed as we need to be up and packed for the ferry back to mainland tomorrow.
    Read more