Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    17. Canggu

    July 30, 2023 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    Had a bit of a lie in this morning, both feeling a bit weird and achey after yesterday's boat ride .
    We were just in time for our free breakfast of boiled eggs and toast with some coffee . Afterwards , we walked down to Canggu beach just a 15 min walk away from our hotel . The beach was really disappointing, it was very grubby with too many people there . We really wanted to go surfing again , but the waves were all reef breaks so decided to give that a miss as we didn't want to have any casualties before heading to Thailand.
    There was a nice looking bar and cafe on the beachside called "Old Mans" which is quite well known in Bali, there were cosy couches to lounge on, so we sat and had cappuccinos and chatted for a while .
    Once refreshed we decided to brave the little market stalls to look for some gifts to take home. We didn't really have enough money with us , but we managed to make a list of what to get when we went back the next day.
    There were loads of nice clothes shops along the main street in Canggu , but were completely out of our price range , it was nice to look anyway !
    Along the way , we found a really cheap warung to have some drinks, we managed to have ice coffees that were the equivalent of 40p ! Lots of locals and tourists were stopping there for food , so we decided to stay there for our evening meal too . All in all we had spent a grand total of £5 for evening food and drinks !
    We slowly walked back to our hotel afterwards and sorted out our washing etc. We watched some dragons den and went to bed at around midnight .
    Read more