Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    8. Rotterdam & 9. Relax day

    February 13 in the Netherlands ⋅ ☁️ 9 °C

    We made the decision to head to Rotterdam as we didn't feel like doing 2 cities back to back. We quickly did all the van services and headed off. Rotterdam was en route to our next camper site, we stopped at a park and ride outside the emissions zone and got the tram in. We walked out from Central station and realised that Rotterdam is an extremely modern city and only has a few old buildings, as it was absolutely destroyed by bombs by the Germans in WW2.

    We wandered through the city for a couple of hours and enjoyed the modern architecture. It was nothing like what we were expecting but we enjoyed it all the same. We had a nice Latte at a cafe and walked a 1/3rd of the way back to van before catching the tram back.

    Afterwards, we started to head towards our next aire, this was a cheap one for Holland so we are making camp for 3 nights. It is in a great location wetlands national park, just 40 mins bike ride into center of The Hague. We took Maddy on a walk and had a shower and cooked a nice carbonara for tea.

    Day 9 was our first 'relax' day, we enjoyed a nice lie in and took Maddy for her morning walk. We caught up with the laundry as this campsite has a great laundry station. We had a little bike ride in the cold into the local town Zoetermeer. Sadly when we arrived it started to pour with rain so we slowly headed back towards the van.

    Chilled night in the van!
    Read more