Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 462

    Day 463: Northwards to Gothenburg

    May 23, 2018 in Sweden ⋅ 🌙 16 °C

    Very strange start to the day. Our train to Gothenburg was at 1pm and the checkout time from our Airbnb was 12pm, so we figured we'd head out around 11am, have a quick look around and then go to the station.

    But at 10am, while I was having breakfast and still unshowered, we heard a bit of coming and going outside. Investigating, and knowing our host was flying to Berlin at 2pm, we thought we'd say goodbye. Turns out, her next Airbnb guest had arrived and the host asked when we were leaving! "Most people are gone by 10am". So we basically packed up and left within 10 minutes, feeling sort of shell-shocked!

    Like I said, it was the weirdest thing. I had said specifically last night that we were planning to leave around 11-ish, and that if she had left for her flight we'd put the keys in the mailbox. But she needed our keys for the next guest, and her own keys for herself, obviously! She gave us a 25% refund, but it's definitely going to be a bad review.

    We headed straight for the station in the end and chilled out for a couple of hours. The train itself was fantastic - very new and comfortable, and basically empty as well. Arrived in Gothenburg in about 2.5 hours, around 3:30pm.

    Caught a tram over to our apartment - again someone's spare room, this time with a late-middle aged lady and her early teenage son. We're staying in his room and he's in with his mum which is a bit odd - wrestling posters on the walls and stuff like that. But it was cheap, and they love Schnitzel! Quite sociable as well which is nice - very different from the last few places.
    Read more