Satelit
Tampilkan pada peta
  • Hari 8

    Day 8: To Los Arcos

    19 Mei 2023, Spanyol ⋅ ⛅ 64 °F

    Today we walked another 22k or about 14 miles and after a week of this, my feet are beginning to protest.
    Leaving Estella, you enter Auegi and then shortly after find yourself at the Fuente de Vino, a free public wine fountain. The only problem is we (and most pilgrims) arrived in the early morning. Of course, we still had to give it a try. 😎.
    Then we continued on the path past a spectacular field of poppies. (I considered running through them like in the Wizard of Oz but decided we would do better staying on the path.) Besides, my legs are well past running anywhere.
    As we walked on past fields of wheat and barley, up on top of the hill to our right was the castlely looking remains of the Castillo de San Esteban. Then through the little town of Villamayor de Monjardin Centro and the 12th century San Andres Church. We continued on past vineyards and olive trees then continued on through wildflower lined paths to the village of Los Arcos where we had our Albergue for the evening. After settling in, we walked to the town square for some much-needed cervezas. As is more common than not, we ran into friends we had made during our Camino and enjoyed a nice dinner on the plaza. Afterwards we walked into the cathedral Iglesia de Santa Maria which evoked an involuntary expletive upon entering. In such a relatively remote village, its splendor was almost overwhelming. Afterwards we took the short walk back to our albergue where we passed out after a long but beautiful day.
    Baca selengkapnya