Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Campamento and San Antonio Palapo

    September 26, 2018 in Guatemala ⋅ 🌧 72 °F

    Today, Glenn had Matt driving from LBN to the camp. I stayed back and did some correspondence and computer work.

    The guys got a tour of the camp. They met the care taker and saw some guys planting trees. There is a youth retreat there this weekend.

    After the camp, Glenn drove to Solala and stopped at Vina and got a tour by Sarah Agee Johnson. Glenn’s dad and Sarah’s grandfather worked together in Mexico. Vina is a location/ministry where they put the Bible into finger puppets. Kinda like the Jesus film-into many different languages.

    We had left over Mexican casserole for lunch. After a quick nap, we headed to San Antonio Palopó to go to the pottery shop and Nancy’s store. This time we got a tour of the factory where they make the mugs, vases and crosses. Very interesting.

    Next stop was Nancy. Manuela was working the weaving machine. We had Matt dress up in the native garb.

    We stopped at Casa Palopó for smoothie. It was 5pm by now and I gently begged Glenn to stay and watch the sunset from there. Breathtaking!

    As we drove back to Pana, we got stuck on some side streets that were getting narrower and narrower because they we setting up for the circus that was coming into town for the weekend. Glenn managed to get us back home. We had sandwiches and leftovers for dinner.

    We plan to leave at 6am to head to pick up Patricia tomorrow morning. Big day ahead. Fun day today.
    Read more