Satellit
Visa på kartan
  • Dag 4

    From Pana to Chivoc to home

    27 september 2018, Guatemala ⋅ 🌧 68 °F

    We left LBN at 6:15. I went outside the gate to take sunrise fotos. Beautiful! It was cloudy when we drove over the pass, but we arrived at Patricia by 9:30am to continue on to Natalie’s home.

    Glenn had WAZE on to help us navigate through the mountainous roads through the corn fields and up and over the mountain ridges. We got to Natalie’s home within 1 hour and she had breakfast for us.

    Natalie fixed scrambled eggs and hotdogs with hot chocolate. Glenn pulled out the milk, cereal, and bread to donate for breakfast. We sat around the table and talked about mission teams, mission projects, and our experiences with church teams here in Guatemala.

    After a quick lunch/brunch we all piled into Natalie’s car for her to drive us to Chivoc and see the school she works at. Natalie teaches English in the Chivoc village. She also has responsibilities at her church.

    Natalie drove us around the 3 ridges explaining how about 30-40 years ago the Guatemala military came to the village and said to the folks that the military was going to take their fertile land and they would be displaced for 2 ridges over. So now there is a ‘new Chivoc’.

    We picked up Alex as he was walking up the hill to school to take a test. He was apart of the robotics team that traveled to Houston earlier this year and now he is being offered a full scholarship in the city.

    We have a very quick tour of the area. Natalie drove like a true Guatemalan. I’m very proud of her ministry here. She’s great.

    We drove back to San Lucas to drop Patricia off and then on our way home we pulled into San Kris mall to pick up some groceries.
    Läs mer