Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    SETECA Dump and Casita Benjamin

    September 28, 2018 in Guatemala ⋅ 🌧 66 °F

    We left the house st 6:45, picking up Bob H at his house and we arrived at SETECA at 8:00am in time for the 8:30 graduation awards program.

    The Stoddard’s got an award for their 10 years of service and Gary Williams for his 40 years service.

    We got a plaque to take back to Dallas and give to Ron Blue. We walked quickly around the SETECA campus and shared stories.

    Next stop was the cemetery. We stoped by the CAM grave site and mention those names buried there, like Wayne Berger, Pauline Williams, and the infant baby buried there.

    What is the - between your birthday and day of your death?

    Next stop was the city dump. Lots of buzzards flying overhead. Then we headed to Casita Benjamin, day care facility that CAM started 40+ years ago and it is keeps 6mo to 6yr old kids whose parents work in the dump. Lola gave us the tour. We drove by Potter’s House.

    Our next stop was Media Cancha however it was closed for 2 weeks. We quickly called Bob and settled on Tony Roma’s for lunch. We had a delightful lunch with them as Matt asked questions about teams coming to Guatemala.

    After a quick trip to PriceSmart, we returned home. Glenn took Matt over to Alejandro’s place and to hear his story. Then they visited Bob and got a tour there.

    We had leftovers for supper and watched a Netflix show “the good cop”
    Read more