Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Nancy’s shop in San Antonio Palopo

    August 3, 2021 in Guatemala ⋅ 🌧 72 °F

    It’s always fun to have Nancy dress Bill and Janis up.

    Janis wrote on FB “Today we took a road trip around the lake to the town of San Antonio Palopo. Once again we enjoyed beautiful winding roads with different views of the volcanos and gorgeous foliage. We visited a pottery shop, a weaving shop where the owner dressed us up in authentic Mayan outfits and then ate lunch at a hotel high up the mountain with a breathtaking view.”

    And at Nancy’s place “The next stop was to visit “Nancy”, a tiny Mayan woman who owned a weaving shop where they wove fabric and made native dresses and attire. She dressed Bill and I up in customary outfits. I took WAY too many pictures but it was so fun (although hot😅)”

    And a 3rd FB posting “Next was Bill’s turn at getting dressed up. He liked his shirt so much he bought it. I bought the hair ribbon too but I doubt I could ever fix it back like Nancy did.”

    and at the pottery shop - "First stop was the pottery shop where the women hand painted each piece. They are all so artistic. Such a beautiful country with beautiful people and culture."
    Read more