Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Table Mountain Aquarium

    February 7 in South Africa ⋅ ☀️ 63 °F

    I didn’t sleep too well - must be jet lag.

    We walked to a nearby hotel that gave us instructions to all 5 minutes to the Convention Center and catch the Hop on Hop off bus there. We got on the red line that took us up to the gondola for Table Mountain. Even though there was a cloud at the top of the mountain, we still took the gondola ride. Interesting, the gondola itself was rotating around as we journeyed up.

    We then continued down the Red line to the Two Oceans Aquarium. Fantastic exhibit. Reminded me of the Sydney one.

    As we boarded to the Blue line bus, I fell asleep on Glenn’s shoulder. We were in traffic. Next stop was the botanical gardens. We had a frittata and cheese cake at the entrance of the park. Cafe shop.

    We chatted with 2 ladies from Holland as we stopped to take photos. As we were getting on the bus again, our friend Dennis and Jane were up on the top deck. Amazing. We are going to spend Friday anyway with them and earlier in the morning, Jane had texted me and asked us to come to their Airbnb for dinner. So we were heading to their place after the Bus tour.

    All in all our accommodations were good at the 12 story high rise. No AC. Beautiful sunrise. Close to the Hop on Hop off bus line. It took an adventure to park the car and get the lock box out with the keys to the place, but it worked!

    Now heading to Megan’s place.
    Read more