Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 143

    Onward to Bismark

    October 11, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 52 °F

    Drizzly cold morning in Jamestown. We had been told about this really great coffee house that we should try, so headed to Babbs Cafe for breakfast. Really cute, great atmosphere! The owner is from Seattle so it definitely has that sort of vibe. We had our specialty coffees in mugs (not to go cups) just to truely enjoy the morning. Breakfast bagels and quesadillas were tasty. A nice warm start to the day!

    Headed out to the Buffalo Museum, but since it was Sunday they were closed. We did get a picture of the worlds largest Buffalo statue. Back to our site, picked up the RV and headed to Bismark via I-94. Just a cold, gray day on the Plains!

    Stopped at a KOA in Bismarck they usually always have cable. Biped that Tom would be able to catch a Raiders game on a network channel. No such luck for him.

    While he was at the RV watching football, I took the time to head to the ND Heritage Center. Loved it! Beautiful building, great exhibits. Dinosaurs, Indian history, agriculture, culture. Didn't get to see it all as they closed at 4. I was just happy they were open!

    On the way back to the site went by the governor's mansion, and just drive the older neighborhoods to see the homes. A great sunshine sort of day by the afternoon!

    Back to the RV for a little football in the evening. So GLAD I did laundry yesterday, this campground had closed theirs for the season. Showers were still good, but no laundry. If I had waited assuming the KOA had some I would have been pretty disappointed...
    Read more