Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Across Nevada on I-80

    May 30, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 55 °F

    We both slept great at the truck stop, even Charlie didn't wake up until almost 6! Enjoyed our coffee and breakfast burritos, and were on the road by 8. (Which is actually very good for us!)

    Lots of driving today, excellent highway, road surfaces were nice and smooth. In an RV every bump, crack, or pot hold magnifies the noise inside and makes texting or surfing much more challenging!

    Pretty cold and overcast today, had some rain and at one time as we stepped out of the RV to give Charlie a "break", we got hail! As with all moving tools, (brooms, vacuums, wisk broom, rags used for wiping), the wind shield wipers are "intruders" that need to be warned off!

    Not many cities to pass through, mostly all high sort of desert. This area, along with most of Nevada, is part of the Great Basin and is very arid and dry. We followed the Humboldt River a lot of the time, and had some nice views. Saw some deer and a coyote.

    Since last night at the truck stop in Sparks was so successful, we are overnighting at another truck stop in Wendover, right at the Utah stateline. Almost 400 miles today which is a pretty dang long day for us. And we lost an hour; we are in Mountain time.
    Read more