Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 156

    Columbia River

    September 28, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 64 °F

    Back on I-90. Facts: one of the longest interstates, Seattle to Boston, and apparently has the least traffic...we goggle alot on our drives.

    Southwest of Spokane, after a fairly large burn area, we got to one of the most boring parts of our drive...no billboards, no trees, no cattle, just fields of scrub, or occasionally grain. I almost fell asleep! However the road quality was excellent!

    Lunch at Moses Lake while filling up with gas. Prices have steadily increased as we headed west. Prices are just under $5 now. In Michigan we were looking at prices just under $4.

    We took a break at a large scenic overlook for the Columbia River mid-afternoon. I tend to think of the Columbia River as an east-west River, however in this location it has turned north and really runs north south. Great overlook, cloudy windy day.

    We camped at Wanapum Campground which is a Washington State Park right on the Columbia River. It was a beautiful spot and we enjoyed great views of the Columbia right down near the shore. Very, very windy and loud! 14 mph with gusts up to 20!
    Read more