Satellite
Show on map
  • Lagos and Donna

    January 5, 2019 in Portugal ⋅ 🌙 11 °C

    So, after 4 months of our talks of travel to Europe, Donna and the two of us have hooked up in Portugal. She is an experienced traveller so we know that we will have an easy and fun time with her.

    Chris is still suffering from a bad cough, especially at night, and decided that the over-the-counter cough syrups and lozenges just weren’t doing enough. He needed to see a doctor to get a prescription for an antibiotic.

    After a good breakfast in the upstairs lounge overlooking the ocean and the old town, Chris walked to the nearby hospital and Donna and I walked to the Saturday fruit, vegetable and fish market down by the marina. It was great - lots of organic foods, grown in the surrounding countryside, as well as honeys, baked goods and homemade jams and jellies. Just look at the giant tomato I am holding!

    We returned back to the BnB and saw that Chris had just returned. He had ampicillin for bronchitis and something to relax his throat while sleeping. We are looking forward to our first good night’s sleep in Portugal, without any coughing.

    Donna needed to pick up her rental car before heading to her time share at the Belmar Resort so we drove her the short distance down to Luzcar. Once all was settled, we all drove out to see the resort. What a place! Pretty posh. Lovely. She will have a great week.

    We had packed a picnic lunch with white wine so we sat on her patio, enjoying the sun and the food.

    We spent the late afternoon resting and just let the medicine get established. Later we were able to watch a Jack Reacher movie. Haha.
    Read more