Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 70

    Update...Finally

    May 4, 2021 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    So it is definitely time for an update...life got crazy busy...but time to sit down and fill you all in! So we left Mt Isa a couple of weeks ago, sad to say goodbye to our Isa crew...we made some lifelong friendships, and that's what this trip is all about. We headed back to Longreach to catch up with Jayden, Bridie and Kallen who was up visiting from Bundy. After a couple of nights down by the river at the free camp we moved into town into a caravan park for real showers and power lol. There are so so many jobs out here, the locals are crying out for workers due to no back packers, coupled with a very busy tourist season and we had a choice of lots of jobs. I did one day as a postman....I'm guessing I was Longreachs worst postie ever! Now I'm working at the Australian Stockmans Hall of Fame as a tour guide and customer service....what an amazing job, what an amazing place! Longreach has so much to offer in a holiday. Beautiful friendly people, a great main street, the Qantas museum, lotsnofntours to choose from, amazing sunset and sunrises and a real country town vibe!

    Everyday I get to wear my Ariat boots, I have now added western wrangler jeans and a blingy belt....I'm definitely fitting in! Shaun is working with Jayden and loving the new challenges and being with his boys!

    We went to Barcaldine last week and saw Busby Marou play, and we went to a drag racing meet and the local football. We have been red claw fishing and mostly lots and lots of work! Eating money for the next adventure is awesome!

    Some exciting job prospects in the pipeline too. We are heading back to Bundy for the weekend and we are getting our bikes!!!! I cannot wait to get Major Booger out here!!!!!

    If you want to catch up when we are back home we will be heading to the pub on Saturday night...hope to see some of you then :-)

    Ally and Shaun xxx
    Read more