Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 85

    An Update from Longreach...

    May 19, 2021 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    Whats been happening in our world? A quick visit back to Bundy to say gday to everyone, sorry if we missed you this trip, it was a whirlwind of bikes, BBQ, shopping and partying lol. But best of all we got the bikes on a trailer and brought them up to Longreach with us.....ahhhhh I am whole again!!!

    On the way back we found a blue painted tree, there is one in Longreach too...a bit or research and I discovered they are to raise awareness for men's mental health. Here's the link to the info https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.abc.net.au/art…

    The Black Dog ride is also headed up this way soon and we are hoping to ride a leg up to Hughenden with them. Another great way to raise awareness about depression and mental health.

    We also were asked to put our bikes in the local Longreach show in the car show...lol....my bike is really not that kind of bike, but we did it anyway....and wouldn't you know I even got three votes from the public!!! Major Booger is a star!!! Lots of horsey and sheep type of event at the show, and even got to see a jet pack show in a huge pool??? Only in the outback!!

    We had a visit from Shauns sister and had a night out at the Birdcage, a local pub....great to see a familiar face too...thanks for stopping in Leanne :-)....we would love to catch up with you if you are passing through Longreach.

    We have both been working a lot, but enjoying the lifestyle of van life, and I love love love working at the hall of fame, such an amazing place to be everyday! The first 6 weeks were definitely the hardest, and now we have settled into taking life day by day and embracing the adventure! Izzy is working in Blackall now and having her own adventure, I'm going to ride out there (about 2 hours) to catch up with her in the next couple of days......her love of adventure seems to have been passed on from me, her Aunty Pixie and even her Grandma....I'm so proud of her independence and willingness to give anything a go! If you are thinking about going on your own adventure...make it happen, you won't regret it!

    I wonder what the future holds? Who knows??? Eventually we will head north and explore more of QLD including the Cape, but there's plenty of time to do it, life is one big adventure!

    Ally and Shaun
    Read more