Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 240

    On On to Takaka!

    January 29, 2019 in New Zealand ⋅ ⛅ 79 °F

    We had a nice time yesterday making our way to Wellington. We arrived at the hotel without incident and found our wayward Scotsman in the parking lot. Yep, another Hasher. It is soooo very good to see her again. Helen has a reputation for losing stuff. This time it's her suitcase, which hasn't yet made it to NZ. She's in Quantas Airlines pajamas 😂😂😂!!

    Six of us in two cars had a two bedroom with sleeper sofa hotel room, so once we unloaded the necessities and figured out the sleeping arrangements, we headed to the Capital H3 hash. We just missed the beginning of trail, but ran into the hashers just outside the pub. We got going inside while they continued on for about an hour. Another great time with great people!

    We left the hotel at a miserably early time of 0630 to get in the ferry queue for an 0800 departure. Once on board we met up with our motorcyclist and third car--who had different lodgings--as well as a carload of Capital Hashers and a solo lady from Bay of Islands. Over the next three hours those of us not driving managed to drink the bar out of Speights beer. Ha!! AND, as it turns out, there is a hash kennel for just ferry crossings, so we did a trail around the boat 👣👣👣. So silly and so fun!

    Right now, we've just pulled off the ferry and we're swinging by the local Irish Pub to meet up with three more motorcyclists. Helen has joined me and Planks for today's road trip to Takaka, a campground owned by hashers upon which a large number of us are descending. I can't wait!

    So long [for now] and thanks for all the fish. ✌️
    Read more