Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 196

    Great Smoky Mountains HOG Rally Day 3

    October 1, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 73 °F

    What a terrific rally, the best stationary one of the season, hands down! They didn't keep us in the prison 😉, so we continued northwest and took more recommended roads through the beautiful Tennessee country-side.

    We got back to the Knoxville area around 16:00, and having skipped lunch, we stopped for an early dinner while I ran a Ross the street to a leather store to pick up replacement zippers for my chaps. I don't have time to have them fixed, but at least I have the zippers now for when I get home.

    After dinner, we went into downtown Maryville where the streets were blocked off for the rally. The local motorcycle cops did a riding demonstration, which was awesome! Then the rally did a slow ride race and a ball drop competition. Finally, a rally with motorcycle activities in the evening! I called it a night after that and went back to the hotel.

    This morning I wound up leaving again, this time to get the rest of the dealerships and poker runs stops. Hitting a winery at 10:00 in the morning is probably not the best idea, but it was on the poker card so it had to be done 🤣.

    Then we rode through the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Gorgeous, of course, winding along the Little River with its rushing waters and tumbling falls. We stopped at The Sinks for a few photos, then we rode through Gatlinburg and into Pigeon Forge, where we are now.

    Another amazing day to ride!!

    So long [for now], and thanks for all the fish! ✌️

    Day 195 mileage: x (total 54364.8 + ? oops)
    Read more