Satellite
Show on map
  • Over to Tampa

    March 7, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 72 °F

    I left the campground this morning around 07:00 in the soaking wet dew. I forgot how humid Florida is. Even the inside of the tent rain cover was wet!

    I left most of my stuff in the tent and headed to Tampa. I hit dealerships and the Tampa Hard Rock Hotel and Casino on my way and made it to my friend's home around 17:00.

    I don't remember Florida traffic being this insane. I was here last year, and I swear it wasn't this bad. Cars doing under or just at the speed limit in the left lane with never considering to move over. Passing in the far right lane at 15 to 30 miles per hour over the speed limit. Twice as many cars on the road as last year and that one left-lane blocker causes a backup for 5 miles. It's bad.

    Anyway, it is wonderful to see Leann, whom I met while stationed in Okinawa, Japan. She is also retired Air Force. I try to catch up with her every time I come to Florida. This trip I also got to meet her parents who are visiting from Arizona or New Mexico. I wish I could stay longer, but I have to get back to the campground tomorrow.

    So long [for now], and thanks for all the fish! ✌️

    Day 22 mileage: 406.3 (total 5576.6)
    HD Dealerships: 8 (total 123)
    National Parks: 0 (total 19 in 12 states)
    10 Rides for 2022: 0 (total 1 of 10)
    MCGTTX Stops: 0 (total 0 of 50)
    Read more