Satellite
Show on map
  • The Top of the Arch

    May 15, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 73 °F

    Our time in Memphis went quickly, but today we moved on. Leann was still sleeping when I left the hotel just after 07:00. My 5 mph over the limit pace is waaaaay too slow for her, and I don't want to go as fast as she does all day on the interstates, so we're making our individual ways to tonight's hotel in St. Louis, Missouri.

    I hit six dealerships in Arkansas, Missouri, and Illinois, then met her at Gateway Arch National Park this afternoon. We've both been here before, but neither of us has taken the tram to the top, so up we went! When we were boarding the tram car, I felt like Mork from Ork getting into his egg 🤣. "Nanu nanu" 😎🌈🥚! Four minutes later, we were 630 feet off the ground. They only allow you to stay up there for 10 minutes, but that was plenty. Thankfully, the thunderclouds rolled out before we got up there. What a beautiful view!

    I hit two more HDs on the way to the hotel. Now, we're at the hotel, which has great air conditioning. A good night's sleep is on its way 🥱😴.

    So long [for now], and thanks for all the fish! ✌️

    Day 65 mileage: 500.8 (total 16120.3)
    HD Dealerships: 8 (total 174)
    National Parks: 1 (total 32 in 17 states)
    10 Rides for 2022: 0 (total 4 of 10)
    MCGTTX Stops: 0 (total 23 of 50)
    Read more