Satélite
Exibir no mapa
  • Dia 164

    Hokitika (round two)

    21 de fevereiro de 2019, Nova Zelândia ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    Keegan and I were asked if we wanted to come back up to Nelson to house sit/watch the cat at Brandy and Kyle's place. They were our first helpx host and new friends:). We both wanted to bike more in the area and so we decided to head back up the west coast. We couldn't go by hokitika without stopping in to visit the Heather and Dave and the kids so stopped in for a couple days to catch up with them.
    Although short, it was great to catch up with them! Of course it decided to rain on the coast while we were there so spend most of our time indoors. We did a little trip to the kiwi centre since we both still hadn't seen a Kiwi bird and thought it would be a fun rainy day activity. I wish the kids could of joined us since they get so excited about fish and birds haha, would have made it fun! But we still have a fun time exploring the centre and we did finally get to see 2 kiwi birds. They are tricky birds to see in the wild since they are noctural and aren't as many around anymore from introduced predators (like dogs).
    We planned a pizza night with the fam as a thank you for having us and it was a great time making pizzas with the kids. Dougal decided to make mini star shaped pizza's and Isla went for a big heart. They were definitely made with some love!
    Leia mais