Спутник
Показать на карте
  • День 157

    Hawea Flat (Feb 1st to 20th) PART 3

    14 февраля 2019 г., Новая Зеландия

    Our last week here was an exciting one because it was Keegan’s Birthday! He is officially 31 and I wanted to surprise him with something fun that wasn’t just the same old biking and hiking activity (although, I don't think he would have complained). I learned that there was a couple of bouldering spots close by, and since we hadn’t tried out any climbing activities yet in NZ I thought this would be perfect. For those who don’t know, bouldering is a form of rock climbing that is done on small rock formations without the use of ropes or harnesses. We unfortunately didn’t bring our climbing shoes with us but was easy enough to hire a pair for the day. It wasn’t possible to hire a crash pad though so instead we checked out the local waste busters which is a second-hand shop and found a couple of large patio furniture cushions which did the trick! It was an awesome day out and had the whole bouldering spot to ourselves. I picked up some of Keegan's favourite foods and we had a fancy lunch which included hot dogs and sauerkraut haha. Fun fact: hot dogs are not really an NZ thing and if you see hot dog on the menu it will actually be similar to a corn dog that is battered and fried, and served with tomato sauce.

    After 3 weeks here, Keegan and I both felt ready to switch things up. Although we still had a few hikes and bike rides on the list to do, we knew we would be back at the end of April with my parents for round two! We didn’t quite get the pond finished during our time but plan to return for a visit and to check out the finished product soon!
    Читать далее