Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 44

    Ayutthaya

    January 13, 2017 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    Coming to Ayutthaya last night I already met several new people, fun girl Claire from London, a soldier named Ruud from Holland, Cléo from Switzerland, eho actualy prefers mountaind and a Californian girl Nataly. After fun night market visit (except when Nataly twisted her ancle) and getting my dose of sticky rice mango we agreed to rent bikes and drive around Ayutthaya. We ended the night at hostel's neighbour bar with live music and beer (they had homemade IPA!) :)
    It's a bit of an empty town, compared to towns seen recently. Tons of ruins, basically there is nothing much left from old capital. We rented bikes for 50THB per day and off we went to Wat Phra park with Buddha Head in tree roots. Amazing place and I kept dreaming how this place must've looked 300 years ago... with all the buddha statues still having their heads on.
    It was a HOT day, 40 degrees was the real feel, so Ruud, me and Cleo decided to just rent a boat and go around the "island" (a river flows around the town).
    They drove us around with a small boat, stopping at old temples. The breeze while driving was amazing! Too bad I can't post a video here :)
    In the evening we went for a dinner to some "fancy" restaurant (still cheap though), night ride around Ayutthaya and ended in bar again for a couple of beers. I had an early morning minivan to Kanchanaburi.
    I'm gonna miss those people, they were the best!
    Read more