Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Bromo!

    August 29, 2022 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    After 4 hours of sleep (yup) it was midnight. And time to go for the Bromo! We were zombies haha.. A jeep came to pick us up. It was tiny but somehow we squeezed in. After an hour we met with other jeeps and started going up. You can't see much during the night, just lights of jeeps in the distance through the mist, sandy road up 😃 After some driving, waiting we arrived at some viewpoint place at 4, got coffee, fried bananas,... Nice. And sooo many people! We headed to the lookout point but me and Lili proceeded through some bushes (as advised by homestay people) and climbing up to get the better spot. Along we met some funny Italian guy, who also gave us some tips for Flores and some fish markets.
    We were happy we found some secret place to watch the sunrise, but soon found out its no so secret - maaaany people came, along with some loud Italian group yelling all the time omg 😂 but couldn't be bothered, just looked at what was soon to be a (hopefully) stunning view 🤘
    Then it started, the colors, all of them, blue, purple, orange, sky was beeeeeautiful (this is the most common word Lili is using recently ❤️)! Soon after that you can start seeing vulcanoes below. This is all so surreal! Then some volcano in the back decided to burp and show some smoke for good morning 😊 We were all there for like 2 hours, doing woooooow all the time, watching people making weird/funny pictures 😃 Wow!
    After this it was time to go to Bromo volcano. All smells of phosphorus and misty all around, pretty impressive. You have to walk up for around 40 minutes and you get to the edge of it. The sound of the volcano, the roar, is crazy! You can walk around it (not whole part, also smoke is coming out). Nature is just wow! 🤯
    Soon it was time to head back, seeing one more waterfall on our way back and you could now see all the things we couldn't while driving there - lots of jungle, hills, really beautiful!
    We had to chill a bit before catching a 6 hour train to Banyuwangi. This time economy. Whoa these people have tiny seats on trains, haha. And I was sleeeeepy!
    We arrived here at almost midnight and got a,ride to our bamboo place Lili found. It was raining, meh. So it made this place look a bit creepy 😃 Aaaand there was a dead gecko hanging from the ceiling 🤣 Good night!
    Read more