Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 66

    Tumbling Run Shelters 1072.9

    July 8, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    In the morning we checked out the breakfast buffet and it was great!! Stuff that I haven't had in two months, like Cereals and milk. There was also a waffle maker, scrambled eggs and orange juice. I was happy and completely destroyed that buffet!!
    Julia needed to get a bit of rest and I went straight into the hot tub :) Afterwards we swam a bit in the pool and then relaxed in the outdoor area. After noon the preparation for the trail began with sorting our supplies and drying out the tent. Together with the trail angel Saggy, Corn Chip and Honey badger we had a late dinner before we got a ride back to the trailhead.
    It was a tough decision to hike out because Corn Chip offered us to stay another night there. But as tempting the offer was there was nothing really to do anymore in town for us. So we hiked out to a Shelter just before a bit of a climb up to Chimney Rock.

    Oh, funny story how we get to know the trail angel. Julia wrote with him about two weeks back when we were in Waynesboro VA and needed a ride back to the trailhead. He had a ride organized from Burger King but we couldn't find each other. At some point we realized that we were in different states...
    Read more