Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Lake Breakfast and Steep Castle Climbs

    September 16, 2023 in Slovenia ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    The next morning, we woke up to sunshine and much more nerves than yesterday. We prepared ourselves some great coffee, watching a German documentary about the Siberian people and tiger. Then, we decided that today would be a walking day. After all that driving yesterday, we were more than ready to walk around the Bled lake. But first, we had to get ourselves some proper breakfast. Walking around the narrow streets of Bled, we found a cute little Pekarna (bakery) where we bought some traditional Slovenian Struklji and something filled with cottage cheese and raisins. We then made our way towards the Bled lake and found ourselves in the nicest and calmest place in days. It was beautiful. Finally at the lake, we looked out for a place to eat our Slovenian breakfast and found one behind the ropes (that should actually prevent people to go to the coast). We sat down between the trees and put our feet in the cold lake water, looking at the church on Bled island. As we ate our breakfast, we watched little fish swim near our feet. However, they didn't give us a spa treatment.
    After enjoying this quiet view, we got walking again, as Bled castle was on our To-Do-list next. We found the steep path up the hill and were out of breath not long afterwards. I was happy that Shakhzoda was as unfit as I am, so that I didn't need to hide my heavy breathing. Finally, we made it to the top and looked at the Castle. It's over 1.000 years old and has a really VIP spot on that mountain. We didn't go inside though, as we both weren't to interested in that. We much rather enjoyed the view over the lake. After soaking it all in, we climbed down the stairs again until we reached the old ruins of Villa Rikli.
    Read more