衛星
マップで表示する
  • 日9

    The Beach

    2023年4月1日, 南アフリカ ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    This morning I was up early with the sun at 6am. I waited until 6:30 until I went upto the house to get coffee and Pieter was just getting up and straight away started getting out stuff for breakfast. Rusks, pineapple, granola and yoghurt. Pieter doesn’t really do breakfast and I’m happy with a rusk with my coffee so Ellie had to eat most of it. Luckily she likes breakfast.
    Just after 9am Pieter decided the weather was good enough for a beach day.
    This is the day I had been dreading because I can’t think of anything worse than sitting on a beach waisting time except maybe playing golf, but Pieter promised we’d love it.
    We just took drinks,beach mats and snorkels with us this time and we we jumped in Karin and headed back to Mabibi beach where we went a few days ago.
    Once there we headed down the wooden steps to the beach and considering it was a Saturday there were only 6 other people swimming and about 10 people waiting to set off on a ribbed boat tour. We turned right from the bottom of the steps and headed to the rocky area where Pieter said there are loads of rock pools.
    He wasn’t wrong. As soon as we left the beach and got into low water there were hundreds of rock pools. Some big, some small, some just a few inches deep and some so deep you could stand in.
    We saw hundreds of fish, mostly small ones but lots with stripes and beautiful colours. We also saw a few crabs in the pools tucked up against rocks. We soon worked out that the tide was coming in so there would be no snorkel today and instead we headed back the way we came, past the steps and into the sandy side of the beach. Here there were huge rollers coming in and straight away we all stripped down to just our swimming stuff and Pieter and I ran in to tackle the surf.
    There were some huge waves, much taller than Pieter and I and to get out into the rollers we ducked down and swam underneath the surf. Once we were passed the surf we were where the waves were just turning and breaking and we would jump up, let the wave catch us and throw us all the way back to the beach. This was mine and Ellies first time in the Indian Ocean and it was great fun.
    After an exhausting 20 mins of being battered we all sat on the beach to catch our breath and we watched the sand crabs running down the beach and the really small ones were making the homes in the sand right next to where we were sitting. They were about an inch big and go into the hole and come out with the pincers full of sand a throw it in a pile and then disappear again it was comical to watch.
    After I had another quick battering from the waves on my own we waited another 20 mins and then headed back to Petes for lunch.
    It was now only 12:20pm and it felt a lot later.
    Back at Petes, Ellie had a shower and washed the salt from her hair and I dried myself off properly and got changed and then we both went up to the house where Pieter had cooked us a lovely lunch of Sausage, hand made chips and salad. Then with tired eyes from the all the salt in the sea and feeling full from dinner everyone went for a nap.
    もっと詳しく