Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 75

    Tokyo, Japan: Part 2

    March 8, 2017 in Japan ⋅ ☀️ 9 °C

    Since we spent a total of six days in Tokyo, we thought it'd be a good idea to split our Tokyo posts into two parts...

    Before we arrived to Japan we were excited to spend a good amount of time in the vibrant city of Tokyo and made a bucket list of activities we wanted to do while there. This included watching a sumo wrestling match (even though it wasn't sumo season) and to take a sushi making class (since we love eating it we wanted to try our hand at making it) - both of which we checked off the list! Unfortunately there were a few things we didn't get to do which included visiting a cat cafe (mostly since Mitch is allergic to cats) and go to see Mount Fuji (although we made a few attempts the weather wasn't on our side). So that only means we'll be going back to Tokyo in the future to check those off the list too!

    Other than the bucket list items and sight seeing we spent our time casually in Tokyo and even enjoyed making a few friends at the local bars who taught us more about the Japanese culture and vice versa.

    Overall, we really enjoyed our time in Japan and Tokyo was bittersweet as it was our last stop before heading back to the US!
    Read more