Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 65

    Coronawise all calm

    March 19, 2020 in Guatemala ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    We have a very busy life here! Getting up, go for a walk at 7am in a almost empty town. Going back, have breakfast, nap, going to Maximo (the school), study and exchange information and news. Go back home, have drinks, have dinner and then play Monopoly and Charade in Spanish wich turns out to be pretty funny after a couple a drinks.
    In school students became less every day. They are taking chances to cross the border the Mexico. There is only one border cross between Guatemala and Mexico where you can cross. To get there you must organize transport if your Embassy is not organizing it.
    The British and the Dutch Embassy do organize transportation for their citizen, the Australien, American and SWISS Embassy do not. The Germans even charter flights for the their citizen.
    Once they get to the border there is a possibility they get quarantined for 21 days. If not they take a flight to Mexico City and from there usually fly to the US and then to their countries.
    The trip they take is risky because anything can happen at any moment. Borders close all of a sudden, planes don‘t fly, etc.
    I‘m still very happy here. If the countries goes on lockdown I WILL TRANSFER TO A 5* HOTEL!!
    See next post:-).
    Claudia
    Read more