Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    Bacardi Island

    March 31, 2021 in Dominican Republic ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Who remembers the Bacardi television add years ago, many years ago?
    There were beautiful tanned people with a Bacardi cola in hand, dancing to soft music on the beach under softly swaying palms and the turquoise Caribbean sea in the back.
    Today we did an excursion to said island.... and where disappointed. The tiny island is of course a tourist magnet but it’s quite dirty. The island and the sea. Lunch was okay, the mandatory Pinia Colada was way to sweet.
    The love the beaches in Las Terrenas where we are staying much more.
    Before we visited caves in national park https://www.parquenacionalloshaitises.com/.
    It must be said that Claudia and myself have traveled a lot so the bar to what is beautiful or stunning is high. Let’s say we weren’t impressed, The whale watching season is almost over. We saw to dolphins for a short time.
    The really fun thing was the boat trip from the national park to the Bacardi Island (the island is called cayo levantado). The sea was high, the boat small. Fortunately I took two pills (motions sickness). It was less of a boat ride and more of boat jumping😳😎.
    Read more