Satelit
Tunjukkan pada peta
  • Hari 68

    Day 2 - Cusco

    9 Jun 2017, Peru ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    We had a few chores to do in the morning, like make a start on purchasing all the bits we would need for Machu Picchu so we spent the morning doing that.

    Deciding that we needed some vitamins ahead of our trek we went to a make your own salad and wrap bar for lunch and tucked into the most enormous lunch!

    In the afternoon we went on a free walking tour which focused on the history of Cusco. Our guide Richard was very sweet and knew a lot about Cusco, Peru and its history. We didn't cover much in the way of distance but we did learn a lot. Richard also showed us pictures of local delicacies including guinea pig which is apparently his favourite food! Poor GP's! The tour took us to the San Pedro market, the Plaza de Armas and some historic Incan sites in the city centre.

    For dinner we treated ourselves to some food that cost us nearly our entires day budget but it was delicious! It was a restaurant called PerU.K and the food was divine. I had a very Peruvian dish of Thai chicken curry and Simon went for Lomo Saltado which is a Peruvian dish of beef, onions and tomatoes. For dessert we shared a pineapple carpaccio which was also divine. I have never seen Simon fighting over fruit before! If you look behind Simon in the picture you may also spot the St Austell brewery beer mats on the wall behind him!
    Baca lagi