Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17

    Boat Chores

    August 11, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    Up early and we were heading into the dock to meet Andy. Brian had sent packages to his home that need to be picked up. We got them all and I sat at the dock doing emails and work while Brian unpacked most of them. We went for a walk to the top of the lane and back to the dingy.
    Breakfast was using the last three eggs to make some b’fast sandwiches using salsa and cheese…. Trying to be creative.
    It was a warm and beautiful day!! Got to wear shorts and a tank top all day! We changed the gooseneck on the boom, the CCU (central control unit) for the freezer (ice chest), and spliced some cables. Brian also cleaned out some other areas. We then bravely decided to ignore the water temp warnings and take a plunge. The current started to sweep us as soon as we jumped in, so it was a quick dip with a warm shower on the transom. We then sat atop the pilot house and enjoyed the sunshine and chat.
    I was excited to wear a dress as we were meeting Andy and Leslie for a meal (Thai/ Sushi). I had pad Thai and tuna roll. We then went to get some groceries…. Andy dropped us off at the store and picked us up again (but forgot Mangos).
    Sadly, there must have been gluten in the meal and I was sick the rest of the night in the boat.
    Read more