Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Liberia to San Juan del Sur

    November 2, 2023 in Nicaragua ⋅ ☁️ 29 °C

    Left the house at 4:20am and dropped of my gear to Andréia’s and then dropped of car at Dads. We headed to the airport and flight, plus transfer through Montreal was smooth, however, we sat on the tarmac for 45min waiting for a missing food trolley. Crazy long line at customs but Luis was waiting for us on the other side. We meant up with Sam and Sarah and headed to the border… a 1.5hr drive. We stopped to go into immigration and show passport (Sarah had to pay a exit tax but since we were in transit we did not need too). Luis drove us another 300m and we got out and walked. We checked in with guards along the walk to show passport and then headed to immigration to pay. Andréia was taking photos (to help guide the others through the process), and we had a photographer in our group…. This caused alarm at the border and it took us a long time to get through. Our Nicaragua driver, Eviresto, was really helpful.
    We had a beautiful drive to San Juan del Sur but missed our rental car pick up due to delays. We decided to stop and eat as there was no food at the Villas. We went to El Timon, then headed to the Villas. Once there I stripped down and jumped in the pool. Sam and Sarah joined, and eventually Andréia. I was extremely tired and had a headache, so lights out early for me.
    Read more